Fox's hip hop prime time soap opera stars Taraji P. Henson as Cookie Lyon, the smart, sassy matriarch of the Lyon clan, who served a 17-year prison sentence after taking the fall for music mogul Lucious Lyon (played by Terrance Howard) when a drug deal went awry.
Returning to Empire Enterprises to join her ex-husband and three sons at the helm, Cookie makes it her mission to get back what's hers -- her family, her company, her money, her Empire.
Every episode is peppered with a number of memorable bold and brazen Cookie catchphrases.
1. The streets ain't made for everybody. That's why they made sidewalks.
2. Straight down the hall to the right, then jump out the window and straight down.
3. Boo Boo Kitty, just 'cause I asked Jesus to forgive you, don't mean I do.
4. Oh, and Anika, this is an a--.
5. God, please do not withhold your blessings, even from ho's that hire skunks to spy on me.
6. The name's Cookie. Ask about me!
7. You gonna Ray Rice me?!...I've faced bigger in prison-- with more talent, bitch!
8. You messin' with the wrong b*tch.
9. Shut up, Dora.
10. I'm here to get what's mine.